Friday 4 July 2014

A Nappy Pouch


I had a baby shower to go to, and wanted to knit a present, but without knowing the gender of the baby, didn't know what I could make. I could only come up with neutral coloured hats, boots, blanket etc, so turned to a mummy friend of mine to ask for advice. She came up with a great idea of making a little pouch for nappies and wipes that you can easily grab out of your bag.  As my first project since my poncho, this was really quick and easy so I really enjoyed making it.

The yarn I chose was leftover from the hat I made previously, I liked it because it was gender neutral without being bland. I used 10mm needles as it was quite a chunky yarn and simply knitted (stocking stitch) until I had the width I desired (I think this was about 35 stitches).

I made two peices the same width; the first I knitted to the length I wanted the pouch and a second I knitted a few inches longer so it could fold over.

Simply sew the two peices together at the sides and base, then to finish I simply added two buttons to secure the flap. I filled the pouch with some new born nappies and travel wipes, and that was it! 

There was no specific pattern here, just getting creative with a very basic knitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment