Wednesday 13 August 2014

A Little Crochet?


I had some crochet tuition from my friend last week to find out where I was commonly going wrong on my crochet attempts and practice some basic stitches. So today I searched for 'beginner crochet tutorials' on YouTube and discovered Happy Berry Crochet, my new favourite crochet site! There are plenty of patterns on there and video tutorials, which I love when I'm learning.

I currently own just one hook, which is 5.5mm, so a little larger than I would have liked, but fine for practice.

The pattern I chose was A Simple Flower; the video was very easy to follow and I was pleased with how the flower turned out. It's a very basic pattern, and only took about 10 minutes to make. It's definitely not perfect, but it is my first crochet project and I am excited to try something else!


No comments:

Post a Comment