Monday 11 August 2014

Teapot Square for Patchwork


I haven't added anything to my patchwork for a while because I had a large project (my poncho), then a had a few gifts to knit and then I spent some time working on this blog... So with nothing on my needles I decide it was time to add a square!

I did my usual Pintrest search and found this pattern.

The pattern says it's a 12" square, which is too big for my patchwork, so I tried doing a few rows on 3.5mm needles, but the pattern was still too big so I tried again but left out the moss stitch border and reduced one purl stitch from either side if the cable. After a few rows I measured and it neatly measured 15cm/6" wide. Perfect. 

3 comments:

  1. It is pretty awesome! how many squares a left for you to knit now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out really pretty, the green is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! At the moment the blanket is only big enough to cover my lap, so I'll just keep adding to it until I'm happy with the size :-)

    ReplyDelete