Sunday 7 December 2014

Yarn Wreath


Yarn Wreath


Ok so this isn't exactly knitting or crochet, but it is crafty and Christmassy! I was inspired by this pin on Pintrest, unfortunately it just links to an image, so I have no idea where it came from or who made it. Anyway, I decided to create my own. 

It was quite simple to do, but very time consuming; I got a few packs of styrofoam balls, fixed them in a circle using toothpicks and a glue gun, then covered them with yarn. To finish I slipped in a cheap pair of needles; I didn't glue these in place just incase I ever want to use them.

Yarn Wreath


In hindsight it would have been a lot easier to cover them before securing them in a circle. The time consuming part is wrapping the yarn around enough times to cover the white underneath.

Yarn Wreath Yarn Wreath

I really love the simple arrangement and neutral colours, and I will keep this up all year round as 'craft room decor'. However, if you did want to make more festive looking wreath, or a more layered look, here are a few other home made yarn wreaths I found online for inspiration:

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I love how many different looks you can get from the same idea, and the range of colours and textures you've used look fab. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas wreaths are so wonderful! And yet, every year, I forget to make one. Congratulations on making your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a brilliant idea! Simple but it really looks great, especially the knitting needles make it look even more knitty.

    ReplyDelete