Monday 2 February 2015

New Knitting Goodies

Yay, my Christmas goodies have arrived! These are the latest additions to my knitting bag:

I got these Hiya Hiya Cable Needles, they are really low priced and very pretty; I love the glittery look to them. The set contains a 3mm, 4mm and 5.25mm sized needles, so are useful for most common sized cable projects. The needles are made from a light plastic, which feels like it would snap quite easily under pressure, especially the small 3mm, but for the price, they are a quality I would expect. 

I have never bought any Hiya Hiya products before, so I can't comment on the quality of the rest of their products, but they have some super cute sets and accessories on their page: http://hiyahiyanorthamerica.com


I have seen these scissors being used in lots of craft tutorials previously, but have never seen them in any craft stores. I finally stumbled across them on Amazon, and they are actually eyebrow/eyelash trimmers

Anyway, I think they are gorgeous scissors, and pretty inexpensive, so I ordered them. They feel really good quality and cut through yarn really easily.



This is a KnitPro Needle Sizer; I bought it primarily because of the new DPNs I ordered, as they don't have their size marked on them, I had read in reviews they were easy to muddle up if you accidentally tipped them out of the case.

It feels quite strong and is really handy to measure gauge and/or small pieces of work too, as it has a 6inch/15cm ruler along the side. The clear panel in the middle is magnified, I'm not really sure what that will come in handy for yet, but it is another feature!


Finally, my favourite buy, my new sock needles! They are the KnitPro Nova Metal DPNs. I am yet to be disappointed in KnitPro needles, I think they feel really strong and sturdy, even though they are such small needles. The tips are strong and pointed suitably.

My only complaint about this set is that I actually couldn't remember the exact needle sizes in the set I had ordered, my invoice simply says they were a set of sock DPNs, when they arrived the packaging said there was a set of 5 (2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm & 4mm) but inside was a set of 6 (2mm, 2.25mm, 2.5mm, 2.75mm, 3.mm, 3.25mm) which is very confusing to me.

Although I have 6 instead of 5, I don't have any 3.5mm or 4mm DPNs for any slightly bigger projects. Even more confusingly, the listing on the KnitPro page has a picture that doesn't match the listing. I have followed this up with the company I ordered from, so hopefully this will be cleared up.

I am currently testing them out on a hat, because I have never knitted socks before, but I am looking forward to trying my first pair.

1 comment:

  1. I had been wondering about those scissors as well. I have not come across them so far although I suspect I may find them in that little fabric shop down the street. (Since I am not a sewer, I have only been there twice.) I like the look of the scissors. Recently, I had to buy new ones, but mine aren't very good at all so I use them for cutting packaging tape and string instead.

    ReplyDelete