Sunday 8 March 2015

I'm Back!

Sorry that I have been absent for a couple of weeks, I have had some things going on that have been consuming my attention and distracting me from updating the blog. I also haven't been able to put loads of concentration into my knitting, but I have been slowly but surely finishing off my one WIP... which I will be able to reveal next week!

So for now I wanted to share two books I recently borrowed from the library; Super-Cute Crochet by Nicky Trench and Super-Super Cute Crochet by Brigette Read:


I am currently trying to only start projects which I already have the yarn to make, I also have a few children's birthdays/baby showers etc coming up, so I thought these were perfect for some project ideas.

Both of these books are published by Cico Books, they are the same size, very similar titles and the books are laid out in a very similar style; but when it comes to the actual content, I have to say I prefer Super-Cute Crochet by Nicky Trench. Each of the toys have been given cute names and a funny little character back stories, and generally look more cartoony and fun, which personally the style I am more drawn to.

Here are some of my favourite 'characters' that I hope to make; Camilla the Pretty Pony, The Fish Brothers (I don't particularly like fish, but know someone who would love these!), Alan the Lion, Dimitri the Donkey and Pickles the Puppy!

Camilla the Pretty Pony The Fish Brothers
Pickles The Puppy

Super-Super Cute Crochet by Brigette Read had a lot of cute toys, but the book just didn't have the same finishing touch making me fall in love with the little characters. Having said that, there were a couple of toys I would be interested in making, in particular the gorgeous little puppy and the cute crocodile.

 

Although I am sure I have got suitable yarn to make most of these, I did have to go and buy more toy stuffing, and I may have to invest in some toy eyes… but I still think this makes for thrifty crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'd love to see the lion. He just looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you again. Dimitri is lovely, he could come be my pack donkey, eh pet donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies. I think Alan the lion is my favourite too, so watch this space...!

    ReplyDelete